Changes Foundation Recovery Sessions
Informal workshops for those wishing to understand recovery, identify unhealthy thinking & behaviours & apply Changes 12 steps to their self-management of mental distress
The friendly & informal recovery sessions will cover:
- Recovery, What is it?
- Introduction to Changes 12 Step Recovery Programme
- Learning to manage and recover from mental distress
- Identifying, challenging and changing unhealthy thinking
- Healthy behaviour - the link between physical and mental health
- Managing unhealthy feelings acceptance and change
- Social determinants of mental health
- Development and use of a Wellness Action Plan (WAP)
The course looks at two of Changes 12 Steps in detail each week,
and how to apply them to your life. Changes defines recovery as: learning to live with rather than suffer from mental distress.